Friday, September 5, 2008

Endings and Beginnings


In a way I'm glad we have examples of fiscal years rather than calendar years. This provides an option for a different perspective on finances. A new beginning, of sorts.

In my last post I mentioned that my initial experiment has gotten a bit off track as the year has progressed. This is, of course, mostly due to the fact that my spending as not adjusted to the new reality of my greatly reduced income. And while the things on which I choose to spend money have indeed changed, I still slip back to my old ways of rationalizing, grasping, acquiring unnecessary stuff.

So, I'm counting this month as another ending (of my 'old' ways) and a new beginning. Fiscal regrouping. Back on the horse of simple abundance and less materialism. Wise choosing from my higher self.

Will you join me?
More be-ing. Less do-ing.
More in the now.
Less in the past or future.
Enjoying what I have.
Indulging in the goodness of life.
Not necessarily more as better.
Living with less 'stuff' but far richer.
Will you join me?

And, just for reinforcement, here are some harvest photos from the new source of richness our lives this summer. Enjoy :-)

"Beauty is food for the soul."
~by Christine at BlissChick








1 comment:

GailNHB said...

The food looks so good. Fresh. Colorful.

It is good to have new beginnings. To give ourselves 2nd and 3rd and 4th and 19th chances on this journey we call life. Walk on, sister, walk on.

 
Register To Vote